PFAST is designed to perform protein fluorescence, structural and statistical-correlation analysis on-line. PFAST contains a database of protein fluorescence properties correlated with structural parameters of the environment of tryptophan residues (more detailed information can be found in Background section).
In citings the PFAST please refer to: C. Shen, R. Menon, D. Das, N. Bansal, N. Nahar, N. Guduru, S. Jaegle, J. Peckham, Y. K. Reshetnyak (2008) The Protein Fluorescence And Structural Toolkit (PFAST): Database and programs for the analysis of protein fluorescence and structural data. Protein: Structure, Function, and Bioinformatics, 71, 1744-1754.
Registration is required for using analysis tools (FCAT and SCAT). Registration is free. [Register here]
- (Please sign in to use the following tools)
- FCAT: Fluorescence Correlation Analysis Tool
- Decomposition of protein tryptophan fluorescence spectra into spectral components of individual tryptophan residues or clusters of tryptophan residues located close to each other with energy transfer between the tryptophan residues within clusters. Spectral components are assigned to one of five spectral-structural classes.
- SCAT: Structural Correlation Analysis Tool
- Calculation of structural parameters of the environment of tryptophan residues using atomic structures of proteins from the PDB. Tryptophan residues are assigned to one of five spectral-structural classes.
- PFAST Database
- Browse the result of protein fluorescence and structural analysis.